Summers are here and they are here big time! Mornings are all about cold coffees, mango coolers and butter milk and evenings are filled with one ice cream or the other. Mangoes, water melons, raw mango pickles, curd and kulfis top the list as Messiahs to save us from the summer heat.
As adults we feel so troubled by the summer heat and the scorching May sun and it gets difficult for me to imagine the plight of our little ones who are young and tender enough to get hurt even by touching a hot cup of tea. Needless to mention the effect of the harsh weather on them.
But you need not worry! Beingmumma is here with some cool tips, home remedies, activities and ideas to help your kiddo beat the summer heat. So, get ready to read and learn your bible of summer tips by heart , this year! Continue reading
All we mommies quite frequently face the battle of consuming leftover rice creatively and healthily! All of us are on the lookout for some quick and simple recipes to get that already cooked white rice in some palatable form on our kids’ plates. So here I am with a quick and smart recipe of ‘Leftover Rice Cutlets’ that will get your kids and husband munching away the leftover rice irresistibly.
Preparation Time: 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 15 mins.
Finely chopped onions – 1 medium
Finely chopped green chilies – 1 or 2
Gram flour (Besan) – 4 tbsp.
Semolina (Sooji) – 2 tbsp.
Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp.
Red chilly powder – according to taste
Turmeric powder – according to taste
Asafoetida (Hing) – a pinch
Oil – 1 tbsp for roasting and later, as required for shallow frying
Salt to taste
- Take gram flour and semolina in a microwaveable bowl. Mix the two well. Gram flour helps the cutlets bind and semolina provides a crispy texture to them.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil and roast it in the microwave for a minute.
- To the dry roasted mixture of flour and semolina, add all the spices (red chilly powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, cumin seeds and salt) according to taste.
- Mix the cooked rice and the roasted mixture thoroughly. Do it with gentle hands so that the rice does not lose its texture.
- Add chopped green chilies and chopped onions to the resultant mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and knead them into flattened balls.
- Using a flat and thick bottomed pan, shallow fry the rice cutlets in little oil on low flame till they turn crispy and golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh green coriander leaves and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Did you feel sunken and low the last time you bought that pack of Cerelac or Farex for your infant? Do you hate to feed pre-packaged stuff to your baby, but feel that you are left with no choice? Are you looking for something natural and home-made? Then here’s the solution! Continue reading
As a mother, all of us are worried all the time about anything and everything that our child eats. No matter how much our child weighs, all of us have come across a nightmare of an underweight kid at some or the other point in our motherhood (and I know it started right from pregnancy!).
Food and nutrition is such an important aspect of a child’s life that there’s no way or reason due to which one can overlook it. It gotta be taken care of, no matter what!
Never forget these FOUR:
Fruits & Vegetables
No, I don’t intend to sound like the science teacher of a 6th grader, but yes! This is what they are supposed to eat anyway.
What I’m going to share with you today is 5 natural super foods for your kid (suitable for all ages), that I swear by and try to give to my kid almost daily.
So, allow me to elaborate and present to you the “Super FIVE”: Continue reading